Torrage is a free service for caching torrent metadata files online.
You can not search or list torrent files that are stored here, you can only access them if you already know the info_hash value of the torrent you want to download.
The way to access torrents is simple, you just use the url http://torrage.com/torrent/INFO_HASH_IN_HEX
.torrent (note HEX values A-F must be in uppercase)
http://torrage.com/torrent/640FE84C613C17F663551D218689A64E8AEBEABE.torrent (Slackware 12.2 DVD ISO)
The torrent files are saved to disk in gzip format, that means you have to use a client that understands the gzip transfer encoding.
Send .torrent to cache:
Just choose the torrent file you want to add to the cache and click "Cache!".
- Torrents are fetched automatically from the DHT cloud, and cached in the system.
- Any missing metadata files seen in the DHT will automatically be cached in the system.
- We DO NOT have or track any information about what type of content the torrents point to.
- We DO NOT have any type of search or listing system.
- We DO NOT run our own trackers.
- The original filename of the torrent is NOT saved.
- We DO NOT log any IP adresses of uploaders / downloaders.
- You can ONLY download torrents if you ALREADY KNOW the INFO_HASH of the torrent file.
- Torrent files are cached on disk in gzip format making it extremely time consuming to search for any data contained within the torrent files.
We do not have any income or advertising on the site, instead we get the money it takes to run the service from the general public and other sites
that use our services for caching torrent files. If you like our service and want to contribute please contact email@example.com or donate BitCoins to this adress
Setup your own torrent storage cache!
The source code of torrage can be found here (v0.4). Completly revised code!
You can also grab the source code via github here: http://github.com/torrage/Torrage
I want automation / an API!
Here's a list of our APIs.